Predator Questions

Thread: Predator Questions

Default Predator Questions

Hey guys!

I wanted to ask a question about my Predator. I have the 91 octane tune loaded in my Ram and I tried modifying it. Now I tried modifying the MDS and turning it off. I went through everything went to the off option and then it tried to install the tune. Then it said tune not installed.

So what do I do? I have the tune in my truck just not the modification for the MDS

Any help would be appreciated!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 2007 Dodge Ram 5.7L [COLOR=red]SCAT PAK SS/T[/COLOR]
    Upgrades: Scat Pak custom 2 tone seats, Tonneu Cover, 12" Kicker L7, Eclipse 1500ZA amp, Focal K2 component set, Audison SRx2 amp, 3 Guage pillar pod, 3 Auto-Meter Guages, S&B CAI, Gibson Exhaust, Diablo Sport Predator, 2.5" Daystar Lift, 33" BF Goodrich All-Terrain KOs, Grill Craft black mesh Grille, [COLOR=red][COLOR=yellow][B]1970 SUPER BEE GRILLE EMBLEM[/B][/COLOR], [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Tinted 3rd Brake Light......and MANY more to come![/COLOR]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Mopar-Nation.com
    Advertisements

I see it's been a couple of days and no help. Go post your question again at http://ramforumz.com/. It's the Ram specific branch site to the MoparNation.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred][B]Dennis[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue][B]We want [I]you[/I] there![/B][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=blue][B]Gatty 5 - June 2012[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Yea I know I'm originaly from there haha I posted it up on the actual diablo sport forum as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 2007 Dodge Ram 5.7L [COLOR=red]SCAT PAK SS/T[/COLOR]
    Upgrades: Scat Pak custom 2 tone seats, Tonneu Cover, 12" Kicker L7, Eclipse 1500ZA amp, Focal K2 component set, Audison SRx2 amp, 3 Guage pillar pod, 3 Auto-Meter Guages, S&B CAI, Gibson Exhaust, Diablo Sport Predator, 2.5" Daystar Lift, 33" BF Goodrich All-Terrain KOs, Grill Craft black mesh Grille, [COLOR=red][COLOR=yellow][B]1970 SUPER BEE GRILLE EMBLEM[/B][/COLOR], [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Tinted 3rd Brake Light......and MANY more to come![/COLOR]

5. Remove Advertisements
    Mopar-Nation.com
    Advertisements

The Diablo Sport forum, is that a manufacturer's forum? If it is, seems strange no one has gotten back to you. Have you tried calling any customer service numbers or sending some e-mails?

- Cajun
    CajunDodge - 2008 Dodge Ram 1500/1991 XJ Jeep Cherokee Sport 4X4/R.I.P. "The Beast" 1981 Dodge Ram D-150 Custom.....Miss ya' old Girl!!!
    Show Your Mopar Nation Love and Support This Great Site Today!!!
    New Orleans Saints - Super Bowl XLIV Champions!!! Who Dat Won Dat!!!
    Jeep ForumZ Ram ForumZ Mopar Nation

Did you ever get your problem handled? When I was modifying some things today I also kept getting the "not installed" message. Then I figured out the problem was me. When the programing sequence says turn the key "on" it means ON, not "acc" where I kept stopping. Once I got past that brain fart eveything went smoothly. Didn't know if that might help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guys, what made you deceide on the Diablo, instead of one of the others? Hypertech, Superchips, SCT, etc. Thanks

For me it was reputation plus the lack of a footprint IF YOUR CAR/TRUCK IS A FEW YEARS OLD. Other brands leave a footprint telling all about them but the Predator leaves nothing. However, in the last couple of weeks I've learned that now (I think as of late '08, early '09 models) when you re-install the stock tune back before you go to the dealer, the computer, instead of just throwing a code like the battery had been disconnected, now goes back to zero on the start count. Looks kind of strange if the dealership sees that an engine with 25,000 miles has less than a dozen starts on it. Based on info a Chrysler tech posted on the Ram forum they know a Diablo (because of it's non-footprint) was hooked up they just can't tell what was done. He also said that they are being told by the factory to look for and note in the service records vehicles (still under warranty) showing tuner usage. You can put a CAI and a hot muffler on one without affecting the warranty but tuner usage can void it if the dealer pushes it.

Had I known that the computer would tattle like that I would have passed. Not worth risking my lifetime warranty for the pop it adds. If you're not worried about a warranty I'd say go for it. Got a U7137 with only one 93 Octane install / stock re-install on it sitting in my garage. I'll be posting details on the "for sale" thread in the next day or two if a buddy decides not to buy it from me if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 04-11-2010 at 11:40 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

10. Remove Advertisements
    Mopar-Nation.com
    Advertisements